How to make Spinach Tofu Soup and Noodle in Soup | Vegan | Easy and Quick Chinese Recipes
►Please subscribe and press the bell button for more easy healthy authentic Chinese recipes.
►. Today I’ll show you how to make a super healthy and comforting Chinese soup — spinach tofu soup with seaweed and goji berries. It’s low-carb, low in calories, but contains all the nutrients your body needs, as well as so much powerful immune-boosting ingredients. It’s very easy and quick to make, but loaded with tons of flavor. Plus, it’s totally plant-based.
You can enjoy it as a side dish or entrée of a meal with your family. Or cook some plain noodle, pour the hot soup in it. Here comes the noodle in soup.
This is the Chinese spinach tofu soup that can rejuvenate your body and nourish your soul. It is very tasty but so much healthier than the restaurant version.
►Serves: 2 – 4
►Here is my full recipe:
1. 200g Spinach
2. 200g Soft/Medium Firm Tofu
3. 1 tbsp (Or 10-15) Dried Goji Berries (Chinese Wolfberries)
4. ½ Cup Chinese Dried Laver Seaweed
5. 1 Green Onion
6. 2 Slices of Ginger
7. 800 ml Water
8. 1 tsp Salt
9. 1/8 tsp White Pepper
10. 1 tbsp Potato Starch (or Corn Starch)
11. 1 tsp Sesame Oil
1. Prepare 200g spinach. Clean it and cut the roots off. Then we give it a quick blanch in boiling water for 15 secs to remove the oxalic acid. Then transfer it immediately into cold water to stop it keep on cooking.
2. Cut 200g soft tofu or medium firm tofu into about 2 centimeter cubes. Roughly chop 1 green onion and 2 slices of ginger. Then prepare a starch water: 1 tbsp of potato starch(or corn starch) with 3 tbsp of water, mix it well.
3. Get a soup pot on the gas, add in 800 ml (3-1/2 cups) water. Put the green onion and ginger in it. Bring it to boil. For the ginger, I usually cut to big slices, so they can be easily picked out before serving it because they’ve done their job. But if you like stronger ginger flavour, you can dice it to very small pieces then the ginger bits will be blended into the soup. When the water’s boiling, add in tofu, 1 tsp of salt, 10-15 (1 tbsp) Goji berries (Chinese wolfberries). If you don’t have it, just ignore it, it won’t change the flavour at all. And add in 1/8 tsp white pepper. Simmer for 3 mins.
6. After 3 mins, add in ½ cup Chinese dried laver seaweed. (this type of seaweed gets soft and tender very quickly in hot water, and gives a natural umami flavour instantly to your soup. What you want to use is the Chinese dried laver seaweed. I don’t really recommend using the Korean loose seaweed or Japanese seaweed sheet. Because they usually have been processed and seasoned for different purposes, like being used as seasonings or making sushi. The Chinese dried laver seaweed is just naturally dried and simply packed, it’s specifically for making soup. They are usually available at your local Chinese grocery store. The good quality dried laver seaweed is very clean, you just briefly tear it to smaller pieces, and put it in the hot soup without pre-washing or cleaning.)
7. Add in our spinach. Bring it to boil again.
8. Now the soup is already 90% ready, that is the time we add in the starch water, mix it again before adding into the soup, because starch is not soluble in cold water and easy to sink to the bottom. Gently stir the soup, let the starch water disperse evenly in the soup. When the soup is boiling again, turn off the gas. Add in 1 tsp of sesame oil.
9. Ready to serve like this, or,
10. Cook some plain noodle and put the soup in it to make a quick and simple noodle in soup. Then enjoy it!
View original video by clicking here.