Give this video a thumbs up if you tried and liked this recipe
▶️Please Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/c/FoodImpromptu
▶️Follow me on:
▶️Follow me on:
▶️ Nutritional Value per Bar:
Protein: 13.32 g
Carbohydrate: 34.13 g
Fiber: 9 g
Fats: 29.72 g
▶️ RECIPE INGREDIENTS: (12 bars)
150g Almond – 1 cup
100g Walnuts – 1 cup
130g Pumpkin seeds – 1 cup
50g Goji Berry – 1/2 cup
350g Pitted SOFT Dates (Jelly Like) – 2 heaping cups
1 Cup Smooth Almond Butter (265g) OR Nut Butter of Choice (preferably unsalted)
1/4 Teaspoon Salt (I have added pink Himalayan salt)
1/2 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon OR to taste
Square Pan: 9 X 9 X 2 Inch (23 X 23 X 5 cm)
Start by toasting the almonds for about 2 minutes on medium heat, then add the walnut and pumpkin seeds to it and toast for another 2 minutes. Once toasted immediately remove from heat and transfer it to a heat proof plate and allow to to completely cool down. this will prevent the nuts from burning.
Now add the dates and almond butter to a food processor and blend it well and then add the toasted nuts, goji berry, ground cinnamon and salt. Blend it to a coarse mixture.
▶️ PROTEIN/ENERGY BARS:
Prepare a pan by brushing the bottom and side walls with oil and line it with parchment paper. Transfer the mixture into the pan and press it with a spoon to pack it firmly. Take your time as it is REALLY important to press it firm, especially the corners – this will prevent any air gaps and prevent the bars from crumbling while cutting. Smooth out the surface.
Now cover it with plastic wrap and let it chill and set in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
Once it has set remove from the pan and cut it into desired shape with a sharp knife. Make sure to clean the knife with paper towel in between cuts this will keep the cuts clean.
After cutting it wrap it individually in plastic wrap or parchment paper and store it in the refrigerator. This stores well in the fridge for 3 to 4 weeks.
▶️ PROTEIN/ENERGY BALLS:
Take two tablespoons of the mixture and press it between palms of your hand until firm and formed into a ball. Then smooth out the surface. You can store it as is in an air tight container or wrap it individually in a plastic wrap or parchment paper.
▶️ IMPORTANT TIPS:
– As soon as the nuts/seeds/dates are toasted remove it from the heat and transfer it to a plate to cool down. This will prevent it from burning. DO NOT leave it in the hot pan.
– Use SOFT dates only
– If the mixture gets too dry and difficult to bind add some more almond butter
– sometimes nuts/seeds/dates are dryer than usual and may need more binding. The fix is to increase the amount of almond butter so that it sticks together. Just empty the mixture into a bowl, add some almond butter mix it thoroughly until it starts sticking together and then transfer it back to the mold, press the mixture again and refrigerate
– (Optional) Brushing the pan with oil will prevent the mixture from sticking to the sides
– It’s really important that you take the time to press the mixture properly in the pan until firm especially the corners. This will prevent the bars from crumbling while cutting
– To keep the cuts clean, clean the knife with paper towel in between cuts
– You can shape the mixture into balls, if you do not want to make bars
#plantbased #recipes #vegan
Thanks for watching the video Plant-Based Protein Bar (with 13g of Protein! ) | High Energy Vegan Snacks
View original video by clicking here.