It’s Okay To Eat With Your Hands!
Warm, simple food that my kids can eat with their hands provides extra comfort at lunchtimes, or anytime they need a bit of a food-hug. Here’s some of my own childhood favorites, bumped up in nutrients.
• Grilled Cheese 2.0
• Make-Your-Own Mini Pizzas
Full recipes below!
Subscribe | http://bit.ly/WickedHealthyYouTube
More plant-powered recipes | https://wickedhealthyfood.com/
FOLLOW WICKED HEALTHY:
WH Instagram | http://bit.ly/WHInsta
Chad’s Instagram | http://bit.ly/ChadSarnoIG
Derek’s Instagram | http://bit.ly/DerekSarnoIG
WH Facebook | http://bit.ly/WickedHealthyFacebook
In the U.K. get your groceries from Tesco | http://bit.ly/WickedKitchenTESCOplc
The Wicked Healthy Cookbook | http://bit.ly/WHCookbook
Kitchen tools we love and use:
Shun Classic 8″ Chef’s Knife: https://amzn.to/2vNXK91
Vitamin 5200 Blender: https://amzn.to/2TBxeZL
Cuisinart Food Processor: https://amzn.to/2wHubWY
Lodge Cast Iron Skillets: https://amzn.to/2TvCIVE
Microplane Zester: https://amzn.to/3aErS5C
KitchenAid Stand Mixer: https://amzn.to/2TOOhpP
Bamboo Spatulas: https://amzn.to/2wJtOLd
Boos Reversible Walnut Cutting Board: https://amzn.to/3aCCzW7
Cuisinart Variable Speed Hand Blender: https://amzn.to/32YVuIa
Kota Granite Mortar & Pestle Stone Grinder: https://amzn.to/2TR2C5l
OXO Stainless Steel Scraper & Chopper: https://amzn.to/38yo30j
Carbon Steel Wok: https://amzn.to/2TPHDQe
Bamboo Steamer Baskets: https://amzn.to/2vPN4Xl
GRILLED CHEESE 2.0
MAKES: 2 sandwiches
4 slices of wholegrain bread
Vegan cheeses; sliced, parmesan, grated cheddar
1 avocado, sliced
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
Handful of spinach
Vegan butter to cover bread
Cracked Black Pepper
Pinch of Sea Salt
• Butter each slice of bread on one side.
• Heat up the pan to medium heat and spray with oil.
• Layer the unbuttered side of bread with cheese, tomato slices and spinach
• Smash the avocado onto the non-buttered side of the remaining slices, with a little sea salt and pepper
and top the sandwich (butter side up).
• Place both sandwiches in hot pan and press down with a spatula. When golden on one side, turn over
and press on the other side until golden.
• Time to melt the cheese! Add a splash of water to either side of the sandwiches and cover with a lid
until cheese is melted. About 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
• Slice in half and serve while still hot. A perfect lunch, wrapped in tin foil to go.
Go Caprese-style with some fresh Basil leaves and melted vegan Mozzarella.
Upgrade your grilled cheese with some slices of your favorite plant-based deli slices.
MAKE-YOUR-OWN MINI PIZZAS
Super quick meal perfect for birthday parties and to show their individuality, you can really have some fun
Mix it up! No need to fuss around with dough…use English muffins, pita bread, toast, or tortillas. Make it fun so they try new things!
MAKES 6+ SMALL PIZZAS
English Muffins, sliced in half
Sauce; Red Sauce, Pesto
Plant-based sausages, chopped
Plant-based cheeses; Mozzarella, Cheddar, Parmesan
• Add a layer of sauce to the base.
• Let the kids assemble their own pizzas with toppings of their choice.
• Place on a baking sheet
. Bake in the oven 8-10 minutes on 400, until the cheese melts.
• Remove from oven, leave to cool.
• Serve up!
#stayhome #wickedhealthy #wickedkitchen
View original video by clicking here.